Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, high quality dental care. We understand that you, or your child, may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing you with the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about you — your comfort, your happiness, and your health.
During your first visit, we will:
- Listen to you. Please share with us anything that is on your mind about dental health or smile improvement.
- Review your dental and medical history forms
- Take low-dose digital X-rays of your teeth
- Check your teeth and gums for any cavities or early signs of tooth decay or gingivitis
Depending on your level of health, Dr. Carstensen may be able to discuss any health choices you have right away. If you have complex concerns, it is likely he will take time to study your case and a separate appointment to share his findings and discuss your choices will be helpful as you plan your long-term dental health goals.
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment:
- Your thoughts about what you'd like for your dental health
- Your completed patient information form
- Your insurance card
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Dental Association recommends visiting your dentist frequently for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy. We help you create an individual preventive care plan to keep you healthy.